Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Season 5 of Dexter




HOLYYYYYYYYYY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT IT’S ABOUT TO GET REAL ASDKFLDSJFLDSKFJDLKSJFKLDJFLKDJFJK


I hope that clarifies how excited I am for this upcoming season of Dexter. I mean, last season blew my mind with the (trying to avoid a pun-type adjective so I’ll go with some buzz words) sharp writing and stellar performances all around. Everything seemed to have come to a head last season, but it all wrapped up quite nicely, as Dexter finally feels at home with himself, his family and his “dark passenger”; Rita got closure with her daddy issues, Quinn just blossomed so beautifully as a character and really melded into the ongoing storylines; Masuka was Masuka; Arthur Mitchell found his right path and all seemed well. I was happy and wondering what the writers could do to amp the show up more when Dexter went into the bathroom to find Rita dead in a tub and Harrison crying in a pool of blood.

This trailer shows me a couple of things I’m really ecstatic about:

* They’re continuing major water cooler story lines from season 4 (besides Rita’s murder), including the Kyle Butler one, the Rita-Elliot (God that guy is such as sleaze) affair and the growing tensions between Quinn and Dexter.
* The changing dynamics in Dexter’s life- he now has no one to depend on to take care of the kids when he’s out killing, but apparently he still can so I want to see how they explain that.
* QUINN+DEXTER. I know I already said it but GOD THESE TWO NEED MORE SCENES TOGETHER AND THIS SEASON WILL BE FULL OF THEM.
* MORE CHARACTER GROWTH FROM DEXTER OH GOD. I mean, I thought Dexter was DONE, a fully fleshed out character, but here it seems like they’re showing Dexter crack under all of the pressure he is now under.

Anyway, that was me fanboying all over your dash. But seriously, get caught up on Dexter now, because this season will be killer (sorry but I HAD to stick one in).

No comments:

Post a Comment